511: 300% Growth with Dr. Derek Williams Pt. 1
The creator of the “Ambitious Dental Students” DentalTown group, Derek Williams, joins the show today. Derek and I met at a Breakaway Practice seminar back when he was still a dental student. Shortly after that seminar, Derek graduated from Creighton University and bought a practice in Luftkin, TX. It did not take long for him to start experiencing growth as he tripled the practice’s revenue in the first two years. He is now partnered with Dr. Justin Short as a coach for The Lifestyle Practice. Throughout this part one episode, Dr. Williams drops a ton of nuggets on what he was looking for when selecting his practice, and how he was able to create such rapid growth.
During our time together, we discuss:
- How he was able to triple his practice in two years
- Things he was looking for when analyzing practices
- Why he’s no longer interested in pursuing the DSO model
- Growing top line revenue despite cutting back on days
- Frustrations with one size fits all consulting