872: COVID-19 HR Answers
In a time of such uncertainty and instability, it’s nice to have some experts to rely on. Cary Smith and Kara Kelly are two folks that have spent hours upon hours studying how this COVID-19 pandemic relates to and affects dentistry. On the show today we talk about what you need if you’re going to stay open, how to handle the HR conundrum that is unfolding, and everything in-between.
During the show, we discuss:
- To stay open or shut down?
- The necessary PPE and screening processes if staying open
- How to protect employees that are working during this time
- HIPPA guidelines on virtual consults
- Why this isn’t covered by business interruption insurance
- The Medical Leave Act and how it affects us
- What you need to know about April 2nd
- Furlough vs lay off and what to expect with unemployment