692: Friend, Enemy, or Indifferent
We make judgements of each other so quickly that we’ve already put strangers into one of four categories within one second of meeting them according to the work done by Mark Bowden
It’s been a crazy five weeks as I’ve been home for only ten of the nearly forty nights. From speaking engagements to Mastermind meetings I’ve been all over the country and couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to travel and engage with such insightful people. But, I am definitely looking forward to a few nights at home with my family.
On today’s show we are playing a clip from one of those recent speaking engagements. This one was centered around phone skills and scheduling. It’s relatively simple stuff, but there are some nuggets in here that you will not want to miss.
During the talk, I cover:
- Why the person answering the phone has the most important seat in the house
- Scheduling for production
- How we immediately judge each other
- The three most important aspects of communication
- Why it all comes back to energy, empathy, and edification